Waubonsee Community College: 2019 Veterans Campus Resources Tour
The WBDC’s office of Veteran Business Assistance Services is excited to offer this comprehensive resource workshop tour for veterans and their families across the Chicagoland and surrounding areas. This half-day event will provide various sessions surrounding the WBDC’s commitment to veteran education and its entrepreneurial initiative. The main session topics will focus on Entrepreneurship 101- Is it right for you & Marketing your veteran-owned business. As a bonus, the tour will provide 2 additional topics for veteran business owners needing additional education and tips: VA Benefits for homeownership & Job-readiness skills training for the transitioning veteran.
This event is open to male & female veterans and family members, active duty, reservist, National Guard, students, and civilians.
Topics of discussion will include:
- “Is Entrepreneurship Right for You? And The 5 M’s of Marketing”
- Presented by: Dr. Makeba Butler – Associate Director, Veteran Programs, WBDC
- “Job-readiness Beyond the Military”
- Presented by: Julie Bechtold, MSEd, LCPC – Academic and Career Advising Manager, Waubonsee Community College
- “VA Benefits for Homeownership”
- Presented by: Barry Johnson – VA Loan Consultant, Loan Depot
View the event flyer.
Contact Waubonsee Community College