Annual Dinner 2020
(Photo credit: Songs of Life Photography Studio)
>VIEW MORE PHOTOS
(Photo credit: Becky Mokelke Photography)
Thank you to Linda Bell, Darcy Hall, and Becky Mokelke for sharing these photos!
2020 Annual Dinner
(Visit the Annual Dinner Website)
The Yorkville Area Chamber of Commerce wishes to thank all who attended, sponsored, or volunteered at the Annual Dinner on February 20 at the beautiful Whitetail Ridge Golf Club. Dynamic networking is always a highlight of the event, with 260 representatives from the local business community taking part. Guests enjoyed appetizers and photo ops on the red carpet while enjoying the superb “smooth rockin’ jazz” music by DAVE & DAVE, local professional musicians Dave Eno and Dave Katz.
Following an address by Mayor John Purcell, the annual meeting program, with treasurer’s report and membership awards, was presented by YACC Board President Sarah Allen and Executive Director Sherri Farley. Throughout the evening a photo retrospective slide show recapped images from the past year’s events.
Many thanks to these Annual Dinner sponsors
– Presenting Sponsor, Brenart Eye Clinic
– Networking Sponsor, Stephen Alan Salon
– Napkin Sponsor, CARSTAR Yorkville
– Music Sponsors FNBC Bank & Trust and Pesola Media Group
– Red Carpet Sponsors, Alarm Detection Systems, FVC Technologies, Harmony Aesthetics, Heartland Bank & Trust, and Knights of Columbus
– Event Sponsors, Engineering Enterprises, Kendall Printing, Morris Hospital Yorkville Campus, Old Second National Bank, Print Source Graphics, Rush Copley, Songs of Life Photography, Waubonsee Community College, Yorkville National Bank & Trust
– Shuttle Sponsor Jen’s Limo Service Plus
– Table Sponsors and Door Prizes: Blackberry Oaks Golf Course; Blue Heron Estate Sales; BraveHearts for Kids; CASA Kendall County; Earthmover Credit Union, Ed’s Laser Engraving; Emily Carlson for Circuit Clerk; Essex House Interiors; First Insurance Group; First National Bank; Flight Tasting Room & Bottle Shoppe; FNBC Bank & Trust; Fox Valley Family YMCA; FVC Technologies; Hampton Inn Yorkville; Heartland Bank & Trust; Heritage Home Cabinetry; Holiday Inn Express & Suites; Jen’s Limo Service Plus; Michelle Halbesma for Circuit Clerk; Midland States Bank; Morris Hospital Yorkville Campus; Old Second National Bank; Pampered Chef; Parkview Christian Academy; Pesola Media Group; Pet Supplies Plus; PrimeMyBody; Raging Waves Waterpark; RazorSharp Barbershop; Rush Copley Healthplex; Signature Fitness Club; Stephen Alan Salon; The Natural Pharmacy; United City of Yorkville; Veterans Assistance Commission of Kendall County; Waubonsee Community College; Wheatland Title Company; Whitetail Ridge Golf Club; YACC Leads I; YACC Leads over Lunch; YACC Leads Ignite; YACC Leads Infinity; Yorkville Ace Hardware; Yorkville Auto Body; Yorkville Jr. Women’s Club; Yorkville National Bank & Trust; Yorkville Police Department.
…And to these invaluable helpers
Thanks to YACC staff Christine Corrigan and Gina Conner, along with volunteers: Gwen Allen, WSPY; Sarah Allen, FNBC Bank & Trust; Stephanie Baumwell, Old Second Bank; Sue Bill, First National Bank & Open Door Rehabilitation Center; Don Duffy, Team Eagle Packaging; Roxanne Essex, Essex House Interiors; Jennifer Hendel, Response Graphics; Sandra Hurtado, Harmony Aesthetics; Gina Johansen, Keller Williams Realty Infinity; Heather Johnson, Rush Copley Healthplex; Denise Krafft, First National Bank; Alicia Lingane, Yorkville Educational Foundation; Kyla McClure, FNBC Bank & Trust; Greg & Rosie Millen, Heritage Home Cabinetry; Stephanie Roskopf, Yorkville Auto Body; Chris Schwemlein, WSPY-FM 107.1; Teresa Wedeen, Avon; Heather Wilkinson, Yorkville National Bank; Melissa Wojowski, Yorkville CUSD115. Special thanks to Linda Bell and Darcy Hall, Songs of Life Photography Studio.
The Yorkville Area Chamber of Commerce, founded in 1971, is a non-profit 501(c)(6) organization. We are grateful to have the support and partnership of the City, School District, and more than 380 member-businesses. It continues to be our mission to serve and strengthen these members’ businesses through programming that incorporates networking, education, professional development, partnerships, and connections with elected officials and community leaders. Involvement in Chamber programs is a widely recognized tool for building stronger businesses, and we are dedicated to the promotion of Yorkville’s vibrant, connected business community.
View more photos using links at top of page
The Yorkville Area Chamber of Commerce gave special recognition to several businesses during the Annual Dinner Meeting held February 20, 2020. Presenting the awards were Chamber President Sarah Allen and Executive Director Sherri Farley.
|Business of the Year
The Business of the Year award was presented to Mars Wrigley. This award recognizes a business that makes significant contributions to the Chamber of Commerce and community through leadership, donations of labor and/or products, financial contributions, volunteering of personal time, service on committees, and more.
|Small Business of the Year
The Small Business of the Year award was presented to Harmony Aesthetics. This award recognizes significant contributions to the Chamber and community through leadership, donations of labor and/or products, volunteering of personal time, and service on committees.
|New Business of the Year
The New Business of the Year honor, presented to Flight Tasting Room & Bottle Shoppe, recognizes the impact that a new member has made for the betterment of the Chamber membership and surrounding community.
|New Member of the Year
The New Member of the Year honor, presented to Scott Gengler, recognizes the impact that an individual/new member has made for the betterment of the Chamber membership and surrounding community.
|Community Impact Award
The Community Impact award recognizes the significant impact a member has made to enhance and serve the community. Two businesses were recipients: Parkway Development and Positive Media Solutions.
|Community Outreach Award
The Community Outreach award recognizes the outreach and commitment made by a Chamber business to serve and enhance the community. This year’s recipient is Yorkville Historical Preservation Society.
|Star Ambassador Award
YACC Ambassadors are a volunteer group of members who, as part of an overall mission, have made a commitment to promote the growth and health of the Chamber and its member businesses while strengthening the local business community. Award recipients Tom Kozlowicz, Denise Krafft, and Gina Johansen selected for her outstanding dedication to promoting the Chamber and its programs.
|Outstanding Volunteer Award
Outstanding Volunteer award recipients, Roxanne Essex and Stephanie Roskopf, were recognized for their extraordinary donation of time and service given for the betterment of the Chamber and its programs.
| Chamber Spirit Award
This award recognizes an individual’s outstanding efforts to promote Chamber membership and member-to-member involvement. Two recipients, Mike Shepard and Karylin Clevenger, were selected for their above and beyond volunteer and service contributions.
The Community Partner Award acknowledges our valuable partnership with the United City of Yorkville. This recognizes all of the city departments involved with the Chamber including the Mayor and City Administrator, the Police Department, and Parks and Rec. Thank you for helping us build a stronger Yorkville!
|Green Business of the Year
Selected by members of the Chamber’s “Green Connect,” this award acknowledges the sustainable efforts and green practices of a business. This year’s recipient is Aurora Specialty Textiles Group, Inc.
|Leads Group Service Awards
Chamber Leads Groups meet regularly for the purpose of exchanging leads and referrals. Honored and thanked for their service as 2019 facilitators were:
Leads I – Chris Bartosz, FVC Technologies
Leads II – Ashley Preciado, Relocation Services Inc.
Leads ignite – Shelly Sypien, Edward Jones Financial Planner
Leads Infinity – Rosemarie Bakka, Keller Williams Realty Infinity